Charter School Funding

One thing students always ask the teachers is where or who does all the money go to when we fund money for schools we attend. They say that they get funded according to the enrollment and daily attendance. That’s why they take attendance in the classes to see how many students attend school. Most charter schools don’t receive funding to cover securing a facility. Charter schools are public schools meaning families choose them for their kids to get a better learning experience. In 2013-14 there were 176 charter schools educating 129,000 students statewide at the cost of 1.2 billion dollars. The school district accounts for 30% of the operating budget. The other 70% comes from the school. The total taxpayer investment in K-12 education in the U.S. from 2004-05 school year is estimated at $536 billion dollars.

Sources:

Edreform.com
 

Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s